Email Marketing Manager
Who are we?
We are RateSetter, one of the world's largest peer-to-peer lenders. We have worked hard over the past four years to democratise lending with the aim of helping all Australians do more with less. We have made some great strides over the past 4 years - reaching over $500 million in lending, scaling to over 100 employees, growing at 100% year on year - and we're barely getting started.
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and are leveraging technology and data to give value - and power - back to the consumer.
This is a huge aim and the only way we can do this is by bringing the best people in the world to help us get there. That's where you come in.
2019 has already been a huge year for our marketing team. It has doubled in headcount, added completely new functionality to the business, and is weeks away from a full re-brand. As the team grows, we are increasingly looking for owners who can operate with complete autonomy in specific product or functional verticals. Our direct email channel has become the most important communication channels for the business, and therefore, our most important acquisition and retention channel. As a result, we're looking for a specialist like you who can own the optimisation and performance of this. There is a lot of low hanging fruit for the right person, such as improved personalisation, automation and timing. This role is perfect for someone who values the challenge of retention as much as acquisition and who loves using data to inform every decision they make. You will also have complete ownership to solve problems and improve the channel. This role will have a level of ambiguity to it as you continue to solve problems, use the data, iterate and learn. There's no handbook for what to do, so every decision will need testing and reflection.
What do I need to have done to be great this?
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience managing marketing campaigns including email, CRM, SMS, and more. You'll be building campaigns and making things happen from Day 1
- Strong copywriting and oral communication abilities, with a demonstrated ability to distill complex ideas into clear and stylish prose
- A lover of experimentation and A/B testing to solve problems
- An expert in personalisation and journey mapping for customers
- Thrives working independently and creatively to solve problems, develop systems and procedures, analyse data and conduct research
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with experience in campaign reporting platforms such as Google Analytics
- Proficiency with modern digital marketing email platforms and CMS (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp, Active Campaign, or similar). Design or HTML/CSS skills a big plus.
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent
What's life like at RateSetter?
Still wondering whether you'd enjoy being a part of our team? Here's a few great reasons:
- We value openness and ideas more than anything else, it doesn't matter who you are in the business, we want your input.
- There are amazing opportunities here for people who are intelligent and hard-working. We're growing so fast right now we may not know exactly what the right role will be for you in two years time, but given our aims, we bet it would be something incredible. (E.g our first software engineering hire joined as a developer and is now running a team of 20 amazing engineers)
- A great group of driven and intelligent colleagues
- A sincere purpose which every person here truly believes in
- Great social events - RateSetter Olympics is having its second year this Xmas party
- The RateSetter boat which we take out on Fridays (yes you heard me)
But ultimately, a fun environment where everyone believes in what they're doing and have boundless opportunities to progress.
Come take a look for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.