Credit Operations Manager
Who are we?
We are RateSetter, one of the world's largest peer-to-peer lenders. We have worked hard over the past four years to democratise lending with the aim of helping all Australians do more with less. We have made some great strides over the past 4 years - reaching over $500 million in lending, hitting over 100 people, growing at 100% year on year - and we're barely getting started.
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and are leveraging technology and data to give value - and power - back to the consumer.
This is a huge aim and the only way we can do this is by bringing the best people in the world to help us get there. That's where you come in.
We're building our underwriting team and are looking for a fantastic team leader to take our underwriting and collections team to the next level. We are NOT a bank, we genuinely care about our customers and endeavor to help in any way we can. Our underwriting team plays a key part in the decision of every single loan we write, not a computer making the decision on your behalf. We are also right at the cutting edge of financial technology, currently implementing Comprehensive Credit to directly tackle the banks. We encourage people to get on the phone, speak with customers and work with them to help find a solution. If you love helping people, problem solving and getting the most out of people, this is the role for you.
With exciting changes occurring in our Credit team, we are now looking for a team leader to manage the day-to-day operations and contribute to the broader strategy of our credit and collections team. This is a super exciting opportunity for a leader to get hands on with two core functions of our business and drive high-impact changes. Ideally, you'll have experience across both underwriting and collections, and are keen to get stuck in day one to underwrite loans and do collections calls with the team, as well as think about ways to create a high-performing and enjoyable team culture. This is very much a player-coach mentality. We have a young and adaptable team, and are constantly evolving our technology to better support our underwriting capabilities, so your ability to learn and respond quickly to changes is a must.
What do I need to have done to be great this?
- Must have experience with unsecured personal lending products, recently holding your own Delegated Lending Authority
- 5+ years’ experience within a bank or other leading retail financial institution
- Experience managing a cross functional team of both Credit and Collections
- A fantastic track record of driving impactful, measurable changes in team performance
- Comfortable doing QA and are enthusiastic about driving amazing customer interaction
- Creative in finding ways to say yes to customers
- Good quantitative and analytical skills, coupled with sound judgement
- Excellent verbal communication ability
- The ability to work autonomously
- Relevant tertiary and/or industry qualifications
What's life like at RateSetter?
Still wondering whether you'd enjoy being a part of our team? Here's a few great reasons:
- We value openness and ideas more than anything else, it doesn't matter who you are in the business, we want your input.
- There are amazing opportunities here for people who are intelligent and hard-working. We're growing so fast right now we may not know exactly what the right role will be for you in two years time, but given our aims, we bet it would be something incredible. (E.g our first software engineering hire joined as a developer and is now running a team of 20 amazing engineers)
- A great group of driven and intelligent colleagues
- A sincere purpose which every person here truly believes in
- Great social events - RateSetter Olympics is having its second year this Xmas party
- The RateSetter boat which we take out on Fridays (yes you heard me)
But ultimately, a fun environment where everyone believes in what they're doing and have boundless opportunities to progress.
Come take a look for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.