Senior Product Manager
We are RateSetter
One of the world's largest peer-to-peer lenders. We have worked hard over the past four years to democratise lending with the aim of helping all Australians do more with less. We have made some great strides, reaching $400 million in lending, growing at 100% year-on-year, with over 100 employees, and we're barely getting started.
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and are using technology and data to give value - and power - back to the consumer.
The ambition is huge and the only way we can do this is by bringing the best people in the world to help us get there. That's where you come in.
More about the role
The Product function is one of the fastest growing teams at RateSetter. It has doubled in size since the start of the year, so you'll be working with world class designers, engineers and product managers that our Head of Product recently described as "scary good".
We are now looking for a Senior Product Manager to run our Broker product. One of the key channels to market for RateSetter is through our 3rd parties, who are brought on by our fantastic sales team. Over the past year, the personal loan has become a critical part of a diversified product-set for brokers. In addition, the prime personal loan market continues to be a relatively under-served market from a broker perspective, leaving RateSetter in a fantastic position to make significant gains. However, the core broker product has remained largely unchanged since its launch 3 years ago, as a result, we are now looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to create and execute on a clear strategy for making RateSetter's broker product market leading.
As you can see, this is a vital product for our business, and as a result, there are a number of strong opinions on the direction of this product. A key task for you will be dissecting and understanding these opinions and making the final decision on the strategy, which will ultimately sit with you and the business partner.
We do not expect you to have deep financial services experience. A drive to change and a great track record of building world class product is more valuable. But a passion for changing the way financial services products delivers value to customers is a must.
Some interesting experience you may have
- At least 2 - 4+ years working in a product management role
- Strong technical foundations - ideally you were a capable developer earlier in your career or have sought to learn the basics
- A 'sixth sense' for features and approaches that users will value
- A facility for business strategy and problem solving
- Strong prioritisation skills
- An understanding of, and strong opinions about, user experience design
- An open, entrepreneurial personality
- Analytical and structured thinker - you think about problems holistically
Exposure to fast-growing or startup environments preferable
What's life like at RateSetter?
Still wondering whether you'd enjoy being a part of our team? Here's a few great reasons:
- We value openness and ideas more than anything else, it doesn't matter who you are in the business, we want your input.
- There are amazing opportunities here for people who are intelligent and hard-working. We're growing so fast right now we may not know exactly what the right role will be for you in two years time, but given our aims, we bet it would be something incredible. (E.g our first software engineering hire joined as a developer and is now running a team of 20 amazing engineers)
- A great group of driven and intelligent colleagues
- A sincere purpose which every person here truly believes in
- Great social events - RateSetter Olympics is having its second year this Xmas party
- The RateSetter boat which we take out on Fridays (yes you heard me)
But ultimately, a fun environment where everyone believes in what they're doing and have boundless opportunities to progress.
Come take a look for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.